Love Exactly

Love Exactly - Cassandra Giovanni, E.S. Tom Love Exactly GiveawayLove Exactly was sweet, kind, gentle. It was like falling in love for the first time. The exhilarating, almost breathless journey from friends to more. I wasn't emotionally ripped apart or beaten to a pulp, in fact it was just the opposite. If you're looking for something to ease the heartache caused by those dark/emotional reads this is what I would recommend. Emma Walker has spent the past five years withdrawing from life. So much so that she has been unable to practice her passion - writing, even though she's gotten a degree in the subject. Instead, she's spent the years after college puttering about as a journalist, wasting her talent. Her life is on the fast track to boring when she bumps into rock god Evan Lavesque in a coffee shop.When he invites her out to replace the ruined coffee what develops is a friendship that neither of them expected. Their whole relationship was extremely sweet to watch unfold. They both had their issues, yes, especially Emma, but they were a surprisingly functional couple nonetheless. Not that they didn't have their moments of stupidity because they are human, but it was very refreshing to see a couple work through their issues and spend more time talking things out than fighting.It was also interested to note that they actually didn't have sex like two chapters in. One point being that they were physically separated due to Evans tour schedule, but also because they actually took the time to get to know one another instead of immediately bumping uglies. Now, I like smut, but I also like the more innocent books as well.Ryans rockstar status was an issue, albeit not as big of one as some of the other novels I've read. It's pretty tame in comparison. Though we can't negate his inherent hottness as a rockstar. He can sing me to sleep any time.The biggest issue for the two comes in the form of a past abusive relationship. Emma suffers long term self-confidence issues that Evan must help her come to terms with.“I know who you are...I've fallen hard for that person, and I sure as hell am not going to let you fade into your past.” A story of two people that are trying to discover the meaning of love, exactly. 3.5-4 Stars.Casting: Evan Visit my blog for more reviews and recommendations!Join the Miss Construed Review's Facebook community!