Easy

Easy - Tammara Webber Don't judge a book by it's cover is definitely an apt cliche to me when actually judging this book by it's cover. Originally, not having known anything about Easy I thought it was about a girl who was just that. Boy, oh boy, was I wrong. Title mistakes aside, who doesn't love a shaggy haired tattooed fellow with delicious, possessive hands. You had me at alpha-male, baby. I absolutely adore the New Adult genre. I feel like I've grown up reading middle grade, then young adult, and now, firmly entrenched in my twenties, landing in the New Adult category. Sex, rape, drugs, no holds barred, live and learn books. I can't get enough of it. Easy definitely delivers on this front. Jacqueline is a college student, having just broken up with her boyfriend. The book opens with her leaving a party alone where she is assaulted by an acquaintance. Lucas arrives to save the day. Connected by this experience and sharing a class, Lucas and Jacqueline deal with escalating hostility by the person who assaulted her as well as ghosts from Lucas' past. Will she be able to cope? Will he trust enough to clean out his closet? Webber broaches the topic of rape effortlessly, and is one of the main reason why I love Easy. What are the statistics? 1 in 4 women that we know have been sexually assaulted? Webber follows Jacqueline's process of dealing with the aftermath and eventually growing stronger in spite of it. It could have veered towards a little after school special, but it didn't seem that way to me. Though most of the book is spent with Lucas and Jacqueline flirting with the idea of being together, there is an undeniable chemistry between them. They don't make the right decisions all the time but, honestly, who does? We're human, we don't want to get hurt and we naturally shy away from taking those chances. I loved the slow, sweet burn of their relationship. He took his time with her and it made it all the more special in the end. Visit my blog for more reviews and recommendations!Join the Miss Construed Review's Facebook community!