On Demon Wings: Experiment in Terror #5

On Demon Wings: Experiment in Terror #5 - On Demon Wings is written on a completely different format that the previous four Experiment in Terror books. For one, Dex doesn't even really make an appearance until the very end of the book. Two, there isn't a show, or the taping of a show going on. But there is a lot of creepy shit happening to Perry. In addition to her normal dreams, she is starting fires, acting out, and doesn't even look like herself anymore.“Maybe you’re sleepwalking. And sleeptexting. And sleepprimping.”“What’s next?” I grumbled to myself. Things were getting more out of control by the minute.“I don’t know,” she said, straightening up and tucking her phone into the waistband of her leggings. “Just don’t start sleepfucking.” ― Karina Halle, On Demon WingsThis book focuses solely on Perry and the aftermath of what happened at the end of Lying Season. I don't want to go into too much detail, otherwise that takes all of the fun out of it. Suffice it to say, a lot of shit goes down with Perry in this book. A lot is revealed about Perry and her family and how it relates to her ability to see/interact with ghosties and what not. It's also revealed that there's more to this ability than just seeing ghosts. “Perry," he said quietly, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, "you'll never have to save my life. You gave me life. I never lived a single day until the first day I met you.”― Karina Halle, On Demon WingsI did not like this book as much as the others, obviously, because it was missing Dex and their relationship. Perry isn't in a good place throughout the majority of the book. Not only because of not being with Dex, but due to supernatural reasons. The lack of Dex doesn't make this a horrible book, in fact I was pretty impressed because I was still completely engrossed. Plus he comes back ;) so never fear!