Lying Season

Lying Season - Karina Halle After what happened in the Dead Sky Morning Perry can't wait to see Dex. She is so confused over what happened between them that she really needs some closure. Then she finds out that their next assignment is in Seattle and she has to stay at Dex's place...with his girlfriend Jenn. This completely throws her for a loop, as it would any woman.“If I thought I was head over heels for him before, this time I was so far gone, it’s like I fell into my own grave. Head over heels and down a whole. Bury me with dirt, stick a stake into my heart, and call it a day.” ― Karina Halle, Lying SeasonThis particular book of the series focused the most on the interactions between Perry and Dex, to fill out and define their relationship. Explain some things about each of them and work through their issues...or not. There is little emphasis put on the 'terror' aspect of the book because of that fact. They do go to a creepy mental institution where we learn that Dex was institutionalized for two years after the death of his ex-girlfriend, Abby. Who also happens to be stalking Perry.Tensions between Perry, Dex, and Jenn culminate after a company party where Perry and Dex finally hook up. The result of their union leaves their friendship and business relationship seemingly severed forever. “You’re the light in all this madness. You’re my light. I should have been with you...” The thought hit him as his face crumpled in amazement. “Oh God, why am I not with you?”“Because you’re an idiot,” I said.” ― Karina Halle, Lying Season“I want you to stay with me,” he said. “And that’s the problem. Every time you leave me, I need you a little bit more.” ― Karina Halle, Lying SeasonI totally freaked out at this point. Here it is, they finally have sex finally. And he does some stupid shit, says some stupid shit and she leaves. I basically died of a broken heart. Karina, you're killing me here! If I die because of this series I am totally coming back to haunt you! Mark my words.