Perfection (A Neighbor From Hell #2) by RL Mathewson

Perfection - R.L. Mathewson

Synopsis

Zoe is used to taking care of herself and has long ago accepted that if anything bad was going to happen, it was going to happen to her. So when she loses her job over something most bosses would probably be happy with and her life starts going down hill from there she doesn't expect it to get any better. She certainly didn't expect any help from the loud jerk next door, but then again she has nothing to lose so puts her trust in him and hopes for the best. What she didn't expect was the once in a lifetime opportunity that he offers her through an arrangement where they both benefit and no one is supposed to get hurt, but she should have known better because her luck has never been that good.

Like most Bradfords, Trevor has a soft spot for food, but that's about all. He leads a pretty straightforward life and likes to keep things simple and that includes his relationships. He wants the perfect woman and knows exactly what she'll be like. So when he discovers much to his horror that he's thinking about his frumpy little neighbor he decides the best way to get his head straight is by working her out of his system. He'll keep her around, but only until he finds perfection.

Purchase: Kindle (on sale for $0.99 right now!)

Playing For Keeps (A Neighbor From Hell #1)  Review / Kindle / Paperback

review perfection

Zoe miserable life comes to a head when she discovers a major discrepancy at work. Normally, finding out that a partner's wife was embezzling would be a good thing, but now. Not in Zoe's life. She's fired for not finding the mistake sooner. But that isn't the end of the host of things that could go wrong, not by a long shot. Because if losing her job wasn't enough, she also has a horrific neighbor who seems determined to make her life hell.

Trevor, completely oblivious obsessed-with-food Trevor, doesn't know how much his inconsideration has been annoying his tenant until she lets it all hang out one night after he steals her pizza (because no pizza place will deliver to a Bradford anymore of course). In the midst of their heated argument, he says something horrible and immediately regrets his carelessness.

“I like her," Brad said, chuckling.
"For a Red Sox tee shirt wearing woman I guess she's okay," Jason grumbled.
"Does no one care that she just manhandled me?" Trevor demanded, facing the men who should be properly outraged on his behalf.
Jason snorted. "A s long as she brings me food she can bitch slap you and call you spanky."
Trevor narrowed his eyes on the men who dared laugh at his pain. "Betraying bastards."

A tentative friendship emerges after Trevor hooks her up working for his Uncle Jared's construction company. In addition to that, she agrees to basically be his beck and call girl slash maid. Which works for her because he steals all her food and lord knows she could lose a little weight.

A few months into their friendship after losing some pounds Zoe decides it's time to get back on the market. She hasn't gotten laid in five years and now that her body is decent, she's determined to land her a one-night-stand. Unfortunately for her Trevor bungles her plan when he discovers her trolling at a bar and half drunk.

It's then that Trevor realizes he can have his cake (because what Bradford would resist cake) and eat it too. While he's on the prowl for the perfect wife, he and Zoe can engage in a little no-fuss-no-muss, no strings attached, friends with benefits sex! Thus the 'arrangement' was born.

Only...he comes to realize that he wants the arrangement to be permanent because his idea of perfection turned out to be his frumpy little tenant.

He looked at the beautiful woman frowning up at him and his cock did nothing. His eyes shot back to Zoe and damn if his cock didn't twitch happily. Trevor swallowed hard as realization hit.

There was something wrong with his dick.

perfection

I'm seriously kicking myself in the shin for not reading this series before now. I cannot get over how ridiculously funny the Bradfords are. I'm so in love with the Bradford men. I've never read such hilarious characters before. Trevor is probably my favorite.

Zoe's body image was a refreshing turn from all of the perfect women out there. It's interesting to note the subtle way that Mathewson crafts Trevor's shift in thinking from wanting the 'perfect' woman to wanting Zoe. Genius. That's probably one of my favorite things about this series. How the characters go from hating one another, to being friends, to lovers, to loving each other. A lot of books  rush through this progression and in the end you feel cheated by how fast it is. With the ANFH series, you really understand how they go from one level to another in their relationship and the transition is so smooth you're as caught off guard as they are when it changes.

The Bradford Food Obsession. Probably one of the funniest things I've read in a very long time. It's so well crafted that it doesn't feel contrived and every. Time. I laugh. The buffet. That's all I'm gonna say. *giggles*

Also, the big surprise in this book...another subtlety that hit me right over the top of the head. Ah! Loved it. Perfection, seriously.

Once a Bradford man realizes his true feelings, he turns on the sweetness and will stop at nothing to get the woman he loves.

“We all fuck up when it comes to our women and you will too. The key is to make her love you more than you piss her off,” Jason added. “It’s a very delicate balance.”

^ Reminds me, Jason and Hayley from the first book are all over this one and it's awesome.

The perfect romantic comedy. Seriously. You need to read.

Source: http://missconstruedsreviews.com/?p=1185