Louder Than Love - Jessica Topper LIVE!!!I've never lost a husband or been to New York or fallen in love with a rockstar, but Jessica Topper made if feel as though I had when unlucky in love librarian Katriana Lewis happens upon former rock legend Adrian "Digger" Graves. Katrina "Tree" or "Kat"'s husband had been dead almost three years when our story begins. She recounts his loss with vivid recall, so much that I was in tears by 6% having related it to losing my father. Jessica Topper's words rang with such clarity and anguish at the loss of Tree's husband that it was hard not to be swept up.Left to care for their daughter, Abbey, Tree struggles to pull her life together. In order to get away from the raw memories of her husband, she and her daughter pack up and retreat to her childhood home of Lauder Lake, where friends and family are there to soothe the hurt.When she comes across a random CD of old children songs that leads her to the idea of having the artist perform for the children at the library where she works. Through this, she comes to meet the mysterious and oddly handsome Adrian Graves.She and Adrian grow closer as their romance unfurls and they're both hiding the pain of their pasts. Each of them have ghosts, her loss and his rockstar past. The question is can they let go of them in order to be together?I experienced such a rush of emotion at the start of this book, that my disbelief in instalove was shaken to it's very core. I could. Not. Put. It. Down. Though the pacing is much slower of that than the ebooks of late, I find that this made me even more vested in the story. We aren't falling in love with half cocked characters only interested in looks or portfolios or sex appeal. These are real people with real histories and problems.Kat's loss was so raw to me that it ripped through me every time she reminisced about her husband. Topper captured that aching feeling of losing a loved one perfectly for me. The bittersweetness of seeing their offspring, the residual hollow, how hard it is to see the places you've been to together. The what-could-have-beens. How your child will never know the great person that they were. That they will never see them grow up. You'll never hear their laugh, hear them say your name. Ever. Again. This entire experience colors her love with Adrian to the point that she almost loses him. It's hard to lose the love of your life and let them go in order to love again.Her interactions with Abbey were spot on. I've longed for a novel with an accurate depiction of a mother and the intricacies of falling in love. She illustrates the companions of love and almost frustration of having kids perfectly. It doesn't hurt that Abbey and Adrian so clearly adore each other. A rockstar who is great with kids? Sign me up!Even more, Adrian's past as a breakout 80's rock band that went all the way to the top and then crashed and burned was heartwrenching. He's been to the bottom, to hell, and back. He's lost friends, family, and a livelihood. He comes to her broken and is built back up. Through a series of stories based on his tattoos we learn about the great Digger Graves.“You are the best thing to happen to me, bar none. You, Abbey...all of this. You both walked into my life and...I never knew what I wanted until you did.” I was so enraptured by Katrina and Adrian that I was up until long past sunrise reading about their love story. Less focused on sex and more on their journey, Louder Than Love gains a rare 6-star rating from me. I connected with them and this story on a deep level and it will always remain close to my heart. I'm profoundly grateful for the experience.“You've got this...this love-no, it's louder than love. It's passion and beauty built up inside you that deserves to burst out.”Casting: Adrian*****Visit my blog for more reviews and recommendations!Join the Miss Construed Review's Facebook community!