Price of a Kiss - Linda Kage A great New Adult read with a fantastic sense of humor and the right amount of spice to keep things interesting. Mason Lowe is a gigalo, or so the rumor mill says. Reese Randall, from one look at him, would agree on sheer gorgeousness alone. Though she has no place trying to get to know any man. Not when her last relationship ended in a restraining order, a hospital stay, and a name change. She has the scar on her neck to prove that her opinion about men cannot be trusted and that she should just focus on school. Definitely not on a supposed gigalo. Even if he has the perfect body. Her few run ins with Mason don't bode well, if anything he seems to despise her. It's not until she accepts a position caring for a young girl, his sister Sarah, that she sees another side to Mason. Some clumsy curiosity, a few white chocolate mocha's and apologies later the two have struck a tentative friendship, the likes of which Mason has never known. As they become closer, it's hard to fight the burgeoning attraction. Mason can't afford to quit his 'job' and Reese simply can't afford him. “You might not have charged me a fee, but kissing you is too big of a price for me. I didn’t sign up for this. Now let me go.”The most outstanding thing about Price of a Kiss was the humor. Neither Reese nor Mason ever took themselves too seriously. And there were dozens of times that I found myself laughing out loud over something that Reese said. She had a unique tongue-in-cheek humor that I instantly connected with and made her likable. It was really refreshing to see a male lead who wasn't bowled over by his own appeal. If anything he seemed to be the most vulnerable. The entirety of his sexual history is comprised of selling himself for money. If women aren't trying to pay him for it, they're objectifying him in hopes of getting something for free. He's never had a relationship or sex without strings. His almost-innocence was endearing.“So, you don’t give out freebies? Like ever?” That just sounded so bizarre to me. I would’ve thought a gigolo would be a complete man-whore, even off the clock.But when his jaw went dead still as he stopped chewing and he said, “Are you…asking for one?”Reese knows that she can't get into a relationship with him so she settles for friendship. Mason doesn't believe he is good enough for Reese, so he tries to stay away. Their back and forth was hot and sweet, if not a little frustrating. Definitely loads of unresolved sexual tension.There were a few 'huh' moments. Like his mom. What self-respecting mother would be so irresponsible as to forget so many bills that her son would be forced to prostitute himself out in order to pay for things. If anything, it should have been her. That reasoning was a bit of a stretch for me, as a mother. I would never let my child sell himself for my faults and I found that a bit hard to believe. There wasn't enough reasoning her for me, I needed a more concrete justification to find his motives believable. However, I was willing to let it go for the sake of the story. The last 20% was a bit unbelievable and I struggled with some of the decisions the characters made.All in all, I really liked the characters. They're what I really enjoy about the New Adult genre. The perfect blend of romance, swoony male protagonist, quirky leading ladies, drama, and fun. They're both at a crossroads, dealing with life and love. I've already gone back to read passages, and I know when I do that, that means the book is a keeper.“You’re the warm sun that shines when everything else is dark,” he went on, lifting his hands to rest them on the wall on either side of my face. “A smile and a hug in a roomful of disapproval. You’re…” Wincing, he pressed his forehead against mine. “You’re everything.*****Visit my blog for more reviews and recommendations!Join the Miss Construed Review's Facebook community!