Frigid - J. Lynn,  Jennifer L. Armentrout Buy Frigid: only $0.99 for Kindle right now!Frigid was a playful, heart wrenching ride with a unique twist on friends that become lovers. I alternated between laughing my ass off, clutching my heart due to the 'squees', and madly turning pages to see what happened next. This standalone with a hea is definitely worth the read!Sydney has been in love with her best friend Kyler practically since the fateful day they met, when he pushed her down on the playgound. Of course, he's is clueless to her love and spends his time flitting from one scantily clad woman to the next. All while Sydney watches, getting closer and closer to the edge. The edge of finally telling - or worse, showing, Kyler how she feels about him.Kyler doesn't feel as though he has anything to offer Sydney - his best friend and the girl who he can never have. She is perfect in his eyes.“Sydney was perfect – the actual embodiment of the perfect woman. She was practically pristine and fresh. She was untouchable. She was everything to me.” ― Jennifer L. Armentrout, FrigidTheir feelings come to a head when they are trapped alone at a resort during a particularly vicious Nor'easter while on vacation. With temperatures dropping and the heat between them definitely rising can their friendship survive the changes that are about to rock them? If so, will they survive the threatening presence that is stalking them and sabotaging their house?Sydney's love for Kyler made my heart ache with its poignancy. How horrible it must be to want someone, love someone, and not be able to act on those feelings. She is afraid of his rejection because of something that happened in a past relationship, as well as the fear of losing his friendship.“Guys are totally stupid when it comes to unrequited love. We females pine away and keep our thighs closed for the most part when we love someone we can’t have. Guys swing their shit around at anything that has a hole, trying to forget the one they want.” ― Jennifer L. Armentrout, FrigidWhen Kyler finally admits his feelings about Sydney to himself and gives her a chance things really got interesting. This guy has some serious moves and I was fanning myself from the heat emanating from my Kindle when he started laying them on Sydney.I really enjoyed the humor in Frigid. That and the sex scenes is what earned the four stars for this book. J. Lynn is definitely talented when it comes to the snark.“We walk – or shuffled along – about a yard and then I walked straight into a mailbox. I grunted. “Son of a bitch jumped right out in front of me!”Kyler stopped, shaking his head. “You are a hazard to yourself right now.”“I’m fine.” I waved him off, edging around the tricky inanimate object as I shot it a dark look. “I’m watching you.” ― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Frigid“You’re standing by yourself talking about tits?” Kyler asked from behind me. I gave a little shriek and spun around. “God…” A sexy half-grin appeared. “I need to keep a better eye on you, if that’s what you talk about when you’re alone.” ― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Frigid“An arm snaked around my waist, pulling me to a stop. For the first time in my life I was literally stuck between two boys. Huh. And here I thought it would be more fun than this.” ― Jennifer L. Armentrout, FrigidThe one thing that really detracted from the story for me was the suspense. Or rather the play at suspense that kind of failed spectacularly. The 'bad guy' was pretty obvious the entire time and I was so distracted by what what happening between Sydney and Kyler that I barely even cared that their lives were threatened. Perhaps because it didn't seem as though there was enough of a threat. That whole plot line fell really flat for me and was seriously anticlimactic. I wanted to smack them both while it was happening. Durrrr, people. I could tell the moment they met the 'bad guy' that that's who was going to be stalking them.However, in spite of this I really enjoyed the humor, heat, and romance aspect so I'm willing to forgive a little. If she'd only hurt them, roughed them up a bit more, made the bad guy's story more convincing this could have been a 5, maybe even a glorious 6, star read for me. There just wasn't enough at stake there for me to get way too involved. It was more of a surface read that made me go "awe, that was cute" than "omigod, my heart, it will never be the same". Therefore, if you're looking for something that will leave you with a little smile, that isn't going to rip your heart out, then I recommend Frigid. At a great price, it's a solid, lighthearted read that I believe everyone will enjoy.Casting:Visit my blog for more reviews and recommendations. Join the Facebook community!