Shooting Scars - Karina Halle Gripping. Action-packed. Heart-wrenching. A book that will ensnare you with it's brutal honesty about human nature and what lengths a person will go to to save the one they love. She could fall back in love with him. He could seduce her and set her soul free. And, in the end, still leave her dead. **Read Sins and Needles first! This cannot be read out of order!**Ellie Watt has given up the love of her life, Camden McQueen, in order to save him. She's gone back to her lover, Javier, to save him from exacting payment in the form of Camden's life. Javier is a drug lord, a ruthless, conscienceless man who will stop at nothing to have Ellie back. And keep her. Javier knows Ellie, he understands the darkness that she's been running from and believes that they are more alike than Ellie is willing to admit. He entices her with a taste of the revenge that she's been craving for years. In doing so, she may just lose all of the good that she's been fighting to find inside herself. Camden McQueen will stop at nothing to save Ellie when he realizes that she sacrificed herself for him, he's only that much more motivated to save her from Javier. Only the journey will take Camden down the rabbit hole. In order to save her from the snake, he must become one himself and hope that, in the end, he's able to shed that skin and be good again. And that's the true question, I think, that this series revolves around: Once you've had a taste of darkness, of revenge and death and lies, are you ever able to escape it and be whole and true and clean again? Holy hell I've never seen anyone write with as much honesty and grit as Karina Halle does. Like with the Experiment in Terror series she shows us the darkest depths of the human mind. When pushed what exactly would you be capable of? When it comes down to it, could you do something horrible to save those you love? Exact revenge? --Sidenote, this kind of reminds me of the SAW series. Take people, put them in crazy situations and see what they're willing to do when it's a life or death situation. Could you cut off your own arm? Die? Kill? If it was a loved one or your own life, could you do it? Could you go back to being normal afterwards.--I don't want to give anything away, but suffice it to say, this series pushes the envelope. Goes to the edge, brings you back. Exposes you to tough situations and makes you think. Shootings Scars was a worthy sequel and I cannot wait to see what she's going to torture Ellie and Camden with in Bold Tricks, the conclusion to the series. Casting: CamdenJavierEllie*****Visit my blog for more reviews and recommendations!Join the Miss Construed Review's Facebook community!