The Mourning After - Adriane Leigh GIVEAWAY! Now through 7/29, win one of three ebook copies!The Mourning After is an intensely evocative, deeply heartfelt story about a haunted woman trying to come to terms with her tragic past while figuring out what she wants from life and love. Georgia Montgomery decides on impulse to buy a gorgeous fixer-upper on the North Carolina Coast. Her relationship with high school sweetheart Kyle has begun to offer more sadness than happiness and she needs to reevaluate what she wants.She entices her friends Silas and Drew to come along for the summer to fix up the house so that they may rent it the following summer. Aside from Kyle they are the only other people who know the truth about her past. Drew's boyfriend brings his business partner, the handsome and charming Tristan.There is an immediate attraction between Tristan and Georgia. One that Georgia desperately tries to ignore because she owes so much to Kyle, one of the only men who has ever made her feel safe. They've been planning their future since they were teenagers and she feels beholden to him for his being with her.As the summer progresses, so does the relationship between Tristan and Georgia. Will Georgia be able to let go of the ghosts of her past in order to accept the man who is the best for her or will it be too late?The Mourning After reminds me a lot of Thoughtless by S. C. Stephens. Both novels contain and explicitly describe the turmoil one suffers at the hand of cheating. Neither couple wanted to cheat on their significant others and it's a fine line for an author to toe and not seem gratuitous or insincere. It can also be very frustrating for the reader to have their heart wrenched one way and then another, knowing that one guy is the better for the heroine than the other."I wanted to break myself in two. I wanted to give my heart to both of the men in my life. I wanted to give Kyle the part of myself that needed the safety and comfort of his arms, and I wanted to give Tristan the piece that craved the sense of lightness and happiness that he made me feel."In the beginning, I was very frustrated with Georgia for acting on her intense attraction to Tristan. It seemed as though Kyle was a devoted boyfriend and she was flouting his trust. As the story evolved, I came to understand that not everything is as it seems and sometimes the perfect relationship can have the most flaws.It really broke my heart to watch them work through their issues. And Georgia does have a real whopper to deal with. Cheating stories aren't easy to read, but I found that in the The Mourning After the cheating aspect wasn't the cause, it was the effect of something deeper. Georgia really had been adrift in the years since the tragic incident in her childhood and she clung to Kyle because he was one of the first people that made her feel safe."I fucking loved him and I hated it. I hated him for making me love him. I hated Kyle for leaving me alone so many nights for so many years. And mostly I just hated myself for doing this to all of us."The majority of the conflict revolves around how she works through her past and what she wants for her future which is complicated by the need for two men, albeit each for different reasons. It truly makes my heart ache to watch her be rent in two by her obligation and desire.Once I got past my abhorrence for cheating and began to understand her way of thinking there were only one or two things that kept this being a 5 star read for me. There were a few awkward word choices, things you wouldn't really hear in casual conversation that jarred me a bit, but nothing so bad as to take away from my enjoyment of the story. It really started to annoy me how much she called Tristan a whore. She had her issues, but he wasn't allowed to have his? Similar to Kellan from Thoughtless and his own 'slut parade'.Taken piece by piece it can be hard to understand why she is in such an emotional turmoil. When the final pieces start coming into play and she is able to take some time out and really find herself it's like I had a revelation about her character. She was truly still mourning and basically a broken, lost person. This is her journey to finding herself and love while healing and making a better future.Haunted by a painful past, Georgia Montgomery escapes the memories by buying a beach house on the North Carolina coast. She hopes a summer filled with sun, sand, margaritas and best friends will heal her, but when an unexpected visitor shows up, her past, present and future collide.Georgia is instantly drawn to Tristan Howell, the bronze-skinned, golden-haired stranger with an easy smile and eyes the deepest shade of green she's ever seen. She tries to deny the depth of her feelings for him, but just like an addiction- one look, one touch, one taste is never enough. With Tristan she loses control of the lonely world she's constructed for herself and learns that moving forward isn't possible while she's still chained to the events of her past.Before the summer is over friendships will be tested, hearts shattered and lives changed, and waiting for Georgia to find herself may destroy them all.