Darkhouse - Karina Halle “Somehow, by dealing with the dead, I had never felt so alive.” ― Karina Halle, DarkhouseI've always loved horror stories. I devoured Stephan King, Dean Koontz, Christopher Pike, and R.L. Stine. I don't do movies so much because they scare the shit out of me, but books are so much better to me. Karina Halle didn't disappoint! 22-year-old Perry Palamino is bored. The staid life of the 9-5 grind as a receptionist simply isn't cutting it for this adrenaline junkie. A former stuntswoman-in-training, she is itching for adventure. When she goes to her Uncle Al's for the weekend, the old abandoned lighthouse on his property is just too tempting for her impulsivity. “If there was a moment that determined the course of my future, I'm pretty sure this was it. I had two somewhat simple choices. I could make a run for it and go back to Uncle Al's. Back to the bonfire where my cousins and dear sister would be drinking and revel in the normalcy of a Saturday night and forget I ever went to this horrid place and ran into this weirdo. Or I could go with said weirdo up the stairs in this decrepit old lighthouse, which was most likely condemned and unsafe, towards some unknown person (or thing) that was walking around, potentially waiting to murder us in horrific ways. It didn't seem like a very hard decision to make. In fact, I think 99.7% of people in the right frame of mind would have picked from column A and gone on with their merry lives. But for some freaking crazy reason, I thought that maybe, just maybe I should go with this stranger up those kelp-ridden stairs and toward the lair of unimaginable horror. You know, because it was the more interesting alternative.” ― Karina Halle, DarkhouseShe stumbles upon cameraman Dex Foray, the rakishly handsome aspiring ghost hunter. After a terrifying encounter with something in the lighthouse, she high tails it back home. Maybe adventure isn't for her after all. She'd taken some footage of the encounter and after uploading it to her sisters blog while her sister was sick, it goes a little viral, catching the eye of Dex and his producer, who rope her into going back to the lighthouse. Really, who could say no to him? Definitely not Perry! “She's smart, she's funny and she's not afraid to take risks. Not to mention that she's beautiful, sexy and charming. You know it, I know it, and soon everyone else will know it. The only person who doesn't know it is her because of archaic fuckheads like yourself telling her otherwise.” - Dex― Karina Halle, DarkhouseAside from the ghosties at the lighthouse, there is also a creepy clown-woman following her around. And Dex. Who is he, exactly? Is she making a mistake going of to this lighthouse without knowing him? And what do her freaky dreams mean, exactly? All this in more in this exciting first book in the Experiment in Terror series. 5 super crazy, scary stars!Visit my blog for more reviews, recommendations, and deals!