Where I End and You Begin - Andra Brynn On sale for $0.99 An intensely provocative, deeply emotional story that will rock you to your core. I began this with the intention of getting a read on the 'style' before delving into another book, and I had to put the other book down because I was so enthralled by Bianca and her story. She had me, completely, with the first page. Bianca Ray is haunted by her past. In order to block out her memories, she turns to drinking and sleeping around. She hopes to find comfort at the bottom of a bottle and in the arms of faceless men.Kill yourself just enough, and all becomes clear. And just like that I'm falling and it all comes crashing back in like the bursting windows of a sinking ship and I'm drowning in the terror and the helplessness, the cold and the despair, and I'm on my knees and I can't breathe, and I'll never get past it, it will always come back, I will never escape, never escape, never escape, never never never never never never never never never never never fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK - The constant imbibing is finally catching up to her, however, in the form of slipping grades and the threat of losing her scholarships. When she vomits in front of Daniel McGuire, a graduate student who is standing in for her history class professor, she's given one last chance - get it together, get help, or get out.Unable to face the possibility of returning home to things she can't face, she reaches out Daniel for help. As he was studying to be a priest, he has a history in counseling. She feels safe with him knowing that he isn't likely to sleep with her and she feels safe and is more open with him than she's been in a long time."...We must have met for a reason, eh?" I think about it. "Yes," I say. "Yes, we did.""You're not a problem," Daniel says. The vibrations of his voice pass through his body, echoing into mine. I smile, bitter, even though I know he can't see it. "Then why are you so desperate to solve me?"Together, as they work to improve her grades, they battle the ghosts of her past. In doing so, the priest-to-be and the lost girl grow closer, threatening what little strength Bianca has gained since they met. When he learns the truth, will their fragile bond hold strong?I was completely captivated from the moment I started reading. The story is one of the most compelling this is wholly due to the dark, realistic, almost romantic way it's told. Bianca's narration is interspersed with her research and exploration into ghosts and their history, which plays a large part in who Bianca is. This, I thought, was magnificently done. So subtle and yet packs such a punch when it all comes together in the end. Purely a testament to the caliber of writing. Unbelievable.The literary, poetic style would seem almost obnoxious if it wasn't so flippin' perfect for the type and feel of the story. It's a ghost story, but not a ghost story, with it's own type of horror. Scary, but not terrifying. Gripping, emotional, haunting.The romantic aspect is a sub plot, taking backseat to Bianca's exploration into facing her past and her problems. Her friendship with Daniel, the only healthy quasi-relationship she's had with a man in a while, if not ever, grounds her, gives her the strength she needs to finally come to terms with an even in her past that has forever colored her present and future. Through their encounters, she finds herself falling for him, but at the same time, she won't allow herself the opportunity because she doesn't trust it or herself. Added to that, he's going to be a priest and she can't make him choose between that and her. The moments they flirt with the idea of being each other were so realistically crafted. It all felt fluid and natural.There's a certain language, a dying language, and I can't remember who speaks it or where in the world they are, but in that language the future is referred to as being behind us. It must be behind us, since we can see the past. We walk backwards, blind, into the future, only knowing where we've already been. I literally cannot explain how deeply I was affected by Bianca's story. I felt every single moment, the confusion, despair, the dregs of hope. I wrote Andra while reading it to say that I could 'feel the words bleeding' because that's how vivid the description is. Absolutely and totally. This is one of my favorite books of 2013, without a doubt.Casting: Daniel Bianca Visit my blog for more reviews and recommendations!Join the Miss Construed Review's Facebook community!In Japan, they say there’s a red thread of fate that binds people who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. It may tangle, it may knot, it may stretch or fray, but it will never break. It is a future as indelible as the past.I hope that isn't true. I pity anyone destined to meet me.----For Bianca Ray, the past is always catching up, one way or another. Now in her third semester at college, it's doing it again. Too much drinking has led to plummeting grades and rising absences, putting her scholarships in peril. When she makes it clear that she needs help—all over the floor of her history class—she’s given one last chance to shape up: seek therapy and bring her grades up by the end of the semester, or she’s out.Enter Catholic seminarian Daniel McGuire. The last thing Bianca wants is an aspiring priest to counsel her on how to live her life, but the handsome graduate student is different from the holy rollers she fled from at home. Gentle and unobtrusive, he helps her pick up the pieces and find a new way to live: not running from the past, but facing it head on. But opening up her heart to release the pain means that something else can come in. As Bianca and Daniel grow closer, their relationship moves onto dangerous ground and the fragile courage Bianca has built up threatens to fail her. Can she exorcise the ghosts of her past, or will they catch hold and drag her down where not even Daniel can reach her?