The Angel (The Original Sinners #2) by Tiffany Reisz

The Angel (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz

“No safe word can protect the heart.”

Synopsis

Infamous erotica author and accomplished dominatrix Nora Sutherlin is doing something utterly out of character: hiding. While her longtime lover, Søren—whose fetishes, if exposed, would be his ruin—is under scrutiny pending a major promotion, Nora's lying low and away from temptation in the lap of luxury.

Her host, the wealthy and uninhibited Griffin Fiske, is thrilled to have Nora stay at his country estate, especially once he meets her traveling companion. Young, inexperienced and angelically beautiful, Michael has become Nora's protégé, and this summer with Griffin is going to be his training, where the hazing never ends.

But while her flesh is willing, Nora's mind is wandering. To thoughts of Søren, her master, under investigation by a journalist with an ax to grind. And to another man from Nora's past, whose hold on her is less bruising, but whose secrets are no less painful. It's a summer that will prove the old adage: love hurts.

Purchase: KindlePaperback

Reading Order: The Siren (#1) Review,  The Angel (#2) The Prince (#3) The Mistress (#4)

anel

A year after returning to her lover and master, Søren, their quiet, idyllic life is threatened when they learn he is being considered for a promotion. Accepting the promotion would mean moving to a more populated locale and significantly decreasing the amount of time that the two are able to spend with each other. Which is unacceptable.

Not only must they contend with the scrutiny for the promotion, they must also deal with a cutthroat investigative journalist who has caught wind of a scandal surrounding Søren. In order to bear the brewing investigation, Søren instructs Nora to go into hiding with their mutual friend Griffin, a notorious playboy on the scene. She is also tasked with the responsibility of training Michael, a new submissive, during the summer.

While wiling away the time with Griffin and Michael, no chore if I do say so myself, Nora's thoughts are ever with her former roommate, Wesley. The who she loved too much to be with. The one she let go. She is constantly remembering and missing Wesley while trying to understand her feelings about him and how they conflict with her relationship with Søren.

Throughout the novel there are splices of Søren's history - which I loved and hated. I was overjoyed to learn more about the enigmatic sadist and sickened by the disparaging conditions he was forced to grow up in.

angel

True to form, Tiffany Reisz continues this much beloved saga with The Angel. I was thoroughly delighted that we were offered more of a peek into both Søren and Nora. The series unfolds detail by detail making an already out of this world series even more rich and unique.

Prior to The Angel we weren't offered much information about Søren and his past. It's understandable that most people didn't/couldn't understand him or connect with him. Heck, it's hard even after learning so much about him. But as with The Siren, Reisz's rationalizations and shocking revelations offer a stark glimpse into the mind of a sadist.

I enjoyed learning more about Griffin and Michael. I found their story to be a sweet reprise to the horrific nature of Søren's past. Griffin was absolutely hilarious and I look forward to more pieces about him.

“...Jamison appeared in the doorway with a cooler.

"Thank you, Alfred," Griffin said, taking the supplies. "There's a thousand dollars in the cookie jar. Go buy yourself something pretty."

"I will purchase a firearm and shoot you with it," Griffin's butler said, bowing elegantly. "Master Griffin."

“Stick them in the Blue Room. And no interruptions for the next couple of hours, please. My guest and I will be fucking. Two hours, Nora?”

“At least,” she agreed.

“Better make it three, Alfred.” Griffin shifted Nora higher on his shoulder and continued up the stairs.

“This is going to be a long summer, isn’t it?” she asked.

“Eight and a half inches long, if you’ll recall.”

I fought with myself about Nora's feelings about Wesley. I've always had a problem with the guys who are 'too good'. I'll have to continue reading in order to make up my mind about their relationship and to see if it's, in fact, too good to be true. She has to reconcile her feelings for Wes with those of Søren.

"Winter," she finally said, "can be so beautiful and so cruel. Cruel and cold. And if you live in the presence of winter, you never have summer." Nora stepped close to him and put her nose at his check. "You smell like summer. Like clean laundry hanging out in the sun. That's an amazing smell too."

Both The Angel and The Prince are comprised of a ton of filler information, thrilling and amazing to learn but nevertheless filler. As I said in my previous review about The Siren this series is so intricately entwined that it requires quite the fantastic build up. The middle two books enable us to really appreciate the finale in all of it's subtlety.

Source: http://missconstruedsreviews.com/?p=1252