Little Bird by Liza Gaines

Little Bird - Liza Gaines

Synopsis

In his bonds, she learns to soar.

Lee Jackson is bad news for a girl like Savannah Alderton. At least, that’s what everyone keeps telling her when her boss tasks her with assisting Lee in the search for his missing ex-wife. But despite all the warnings and Lee’s overbearing attitude, she’s attracted to him from the start. Wanting more than the casual sex he readily offers, Savannah fears she is bound to get hurt. Can she take that risk?

After a dysfunctional marriage and demoralizing divorce, Lee doesn’t do relationships. Casual sex with women who don’t expect more is enough to meet his needs; especially if those women share his appetite for handcuffs and crops. Which means Savannah is all wrong for him. She isn’t his type, she’s naïve and inexperienced, and worst of all, she’s exactly the kind of woman who will want more than a rough tumble between his sheets. Still, Lee can’t seem to stay away and he can’t help but wonder if maybe he’s underestimated her.

As the situation with his ex-wife becomes more desperate, Lee and Savannah struggle to overcome their fears and begin to imagine a life together. Will they live long enough to see those dreams become reality?

Purchase: Kindle

review little bird

Savannah Alderton is called in the middle of the night by her boss for an emergency meeting with one of his friends, Lee. She learns that Lee and her boss have a very close relationship and that he’s one of the only people that would get her boss out of  the house at that hour, no questions asked.

When they arrive at Lee’s house Savannah is immediately put on edge by his arrogant attitude in spite of his outrageously good looks. They learn that Lee’s house had been burglarized and he believes it has to do with his ex wife, who is an investigative journalist and hasn’t been heard from in a few days. Savannah is tasked with going through Lee’s wife’s financials to note any discrepancies. The only downside is that she must stay next to Lee while the investigation is ongoing and that means dealing with Lee’s surly attitude.

There is an undeniable attraction between the two, though they both initially resolve to ignore it and be professionals. This doesn’t last long, however.

He was going to have to fuck her, but he would make her ask for it first and to hell with all his principles.

Lee is used to a more proactive type of woman, so when Savannah initially is more shy and hesitant he is turned off. If she wants him, then she has to make the first move.

I know your aching little pussy is wet for me Savannah. I know exactly what you need even if you don’t, and I’ll give it to you but you have to ask first. If you want to know how I fuck a woman, if you want to know all the ways I can make you come, if you want to know what it feels like to have me inside you, you need to ask. I want to hear you tell me you want my cock.

As things heat up between the two so does the mystery surrounding Lee’s wife’s disappearance. Clues lead them down a dark and twisted road with even more dark and twisted individuals waiting for them at the finish line.

little bird

Though extremely fast paced, their total relationship goes at lightning speed, I was actually held captive the entire time. The slight BDSM edge between Lee and Savannah caught me off guard for a second there. Lee shows a bit of a dominant edge and then the next thing you know their at a sex club and Savannah is exhibiting submissive tendencies. I enjoyed the ride, so that didn’t bother me as much.

Their arguments were the cutest thing! I love when banter can make me giggle.Lee is very overbearing and Savannah wouldn’t take any of his shit, so she’d call him out.

Initially, Lee doesn’t want anything more than a casual relationship because of the horrible end to his marriage. But the more time that they spend together, the more that he feels for her and she for him.

“No. I’m going to marry you, I’m going to have a family with you and I’m going to spend the rest of my life loving you. I have no intention of asking and giving you the chance to say no.

Little Bird was a sweet, sexy read and I would recommend if you’re looking for something light and sexy that will keep you interested from start to finish

3.5 stars