Tragic (Rook and Ronin #1) by JA Huss

Tragic - J.A. Huss

Synopsis

Rook Walsh is TRAGIC

Because life so far – just sucks. Some girls get parents. Rook got the foster care system. Some girls get Prince Charming. Rook got an abusive frog. Some girls get lucky…

Rook got a second chance.

And she took it. Because when fate throws you a bone – you grab it with both hands and run.

Antoine Chaput knows the minute he spies Rook in his photography studio that she’s got The Look. The dark and desperate look he must have to land the exclusive TRAGIC media contract.

Rook is paired up with top model, Ronin, and he’s everything her abusive ex-boyfriend wasn’t. Patient, gentle, happy, attentive, and sexy! He knows exactly what to do to make Rook blush for Antoine’s camera.

Rook’s luck changes in an instant and suddenly she’s the darling of the modeling world. It’s a dream job to go with a dream guy and all she has to do is look pretty and follow directions. But there’s always a price to pay – and Rook is about to get the bill.

Reading Order:

Purchase: Kindle | Paperback
review tragic

Rook has been trying to gain her footing for a long, long time. After leaving her abusive boyfriend, she trucks it to Denver where she's hoping for a fresh start. When she's wrongfully accused of stealing from her job, she quits. Faced with destitution and with no where to go, she decides to mull it over a cup of coffee from Starbucks with the last few dollars to her name.

Luckily, while there she encounters a group of girls discussing a modeling deal that they're planning to blow off. Before they leave, they throw their invitation card and it lands near Rook. With nothing else to lose, Rook decides to take the invitation card and hopefully, maybe, get a job. She's relatively good looking, so she goes to the test shoot.

While there she meets an interesting collection of people. Elise, her photographer boyfriend Antoine, and Elise's brother, Ronin. The first time he sees her, Ronin wants Rook. If not for the modeling aspect, then for himself.

I don't want to ruin this girl, but I'm not sure if I can stop now.

When Rook is offered the opportunity to model for them, she takes it. She has not other options and nothing left to lose.

Picture1

What I loved the most about this book, was Rook. She was strong from start to finish and although she falters about what she should do with her life and her career, she chooses her own path. She doesn't sway to what Elise or Ronin wants. She makes some bad decisions, but they're because she wants to make them.

I also loved that she didn't immediately cow to a relationship with Ronin. She was interested, but she didn't want to base her future solely on a relationship with him. Which was fantastic.

Ronin was an interesting character and I don't fully believe that we know everything about him yet. I'm excited to see how their relationship will evolve in the coming books and what we'll learn about him as well.

Their chemistry was off the charts hot. I will never look at cherry blossoms the same again.

"Oh, Miss Walsh, I plan on doing many more things to you tonight, but most of all, when I finally get you back to my apartment and you into my bed, I plan on making you whimper into my neck, begging me to make you come."

And I've always loved a good modeling story, so it was interesting to see what Huss's version of erotic photography looked like. I can't wait to see how Rook deals with the new Sturgis contract.

Source: http://missconstruedsreviews.com/?p=1357