The Weekly 'Miss'ive: October 6th

missive2

I swear October is Book Lover’s Month, as there have been a host of amazing new book releases and sales this month and many, many more to come. I’ve got a ton of new books to tell you about in the coming weeks. I can’t wait!

$0.99 Sales

Reduced Price

New Releases

Preorders

Review Recap

By a Thread by RL Griffin. My reviewStella’s life seems perfect. New city, new school. Starting her life with the man she loves. All of that comes crashing down after her fiance is killed in a car accident. By a Thread details her emotional recovery and the people who help her along the way. An emotional journey peppered with suspense, some action, and a lot of drunken tomfoolery.

“It’s just that I love you and I can’t seem to get past it.” He smiled down at her. “You’re really hard to love, but even harder to get over.”

The Angel and The Siren by Tiffany Reisz. The Angel (Book #2)  review. The Siren (Book #1) review. My top BDSM recommendation, The Original Sinners series. I cannot believe that I was so hesitant to begin this series. Reisz is an amazing wordsmith who pens fantastically unique, complex characters and realistically depicts the mindset of those involved in the BDSM lifestyle. Hot, hilarious, intriguing, suspenseful. This series has a little something for everyone.

“He saved up her pain, counted it like currency and the more pain she endured, the more pleasure she could buy with it.”

Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst. My review. Kate, co-owner of the dating company Kinnections, is gifted with the ability to sense emotional connections between people through touch. Unfortunately, the gift leads her to her true love – who is just all wrong for her. So sweet, funny, and I liken it to a romantic comedy. I loved how well it flowed and the perfect pacing. Great for those moments when you really want a good sappy romance.

I’m not looking for forever. But I am looking for someday.

Little Bird by Liza Gaines. My reviewSavannah is tasked in helping her boss’s old friend Lee when Lee’s ex-wife is suddenly reported as missing. At first she’s turned off by his arrogance and she denies her own attraction to him. Their relationship proceeded at warp speed and the BDSM element seemingly came out of no where, but I did actually thoroughly enjoy this hot little read.

“No. I’m going to marry you, I’m going to have a family with you and I’m going to spend the rest of my life loving you. I have no intention of asking and giving you the chance to say no."

When It Rains by Lisa De JongMy review. Holy ugly crying, batman. Kate’s life changes the night that she is subjected to a terrifying atrocity. The following years are spent in utter turmoil as she learns how to cope. When her final source of comfort, her best friend Beau, moves away for college, she’s left contemplating her situation. She finds salvation in another damaged person, Asher. Only Asher has secrets, too. Whoo, boy. Read with a box of tissues, for sure. Cautionary warning, it has a bit of a love triangle – see my review for more information.

When  it rains, think of me.

The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken. My review. A hilarious story of enemies turned lovers. The Bet has one of the cutest, sweetest prologues I’ve ever read. I couldn’t stop laughing! A light, entertaining read with a touch of romance. Grandma Nadine has to be one of the best secondary characters ever. It reminded me of the Neighbor From Hell series.

“That,” he said as he kissed her nose, “is a shame.You should be told you’re beautiful every day. Because every day it’s true, and every time I see you, you grow in your beauty. Just because people don’t say the words, doesn’t mean its any less true, Kace.”

Tragic by JA Huss. My review. Rook is down on her luck, having lost her job and with no other options in sight. Having left her abusive boyfriend, she’s determined to make her life better on her own. So when the opportunity to model is literally dropped in her lap, how can she refuse? But this good opportunity comes at a price. The sexy model, Ronin, who manages the other girls has taken a liking to her. As their relationship heats up on and off the camera and new contracts are offered to her, will Rooks carefully laid plans come crashing down around her?

Sometimes the only person who can save you is yourself.

Cover Reveals